The FN 509™ is built on the proven architecture of the FNS™ Compact, FN made changes internally and externally to meet the rigorous performance standards of the MHS requirements and further developed the platform into the FN 509 with the help from industry experts. Over the course of development, the platform has been tested extensively for reliability, ammunition compatibility and durability – totaling more than one million rounds.
- Caliber: 9mm
- Operation: Double-action
- Mag Capacity: 10 or 17 Rd.
- Weight: 26.9 oz.
- Barrel Length: 4.0″
- Overall Length: 7.4″
- Twist Rate: 1:10″ RH
- Length: 7.4″
- Height: 5.56″
- Width: 1.35″
- Trigger Pull: 5.5 – 7.5 lb.
- Sight Radius: 5.79″
- Striker-fired autoloader
- Double-action operation
- Offered as a non-manual safety model
- Fixed 3-dot luminescent sights (standard)
- Easily racked, combat-style sights
- External extractor; loaded chamber indicator
- Improved front and rear cocking serrations
- Enhanced grip texture which enables faster follow-up shots in all conditions
- Interchangeable backstraps
- MIL-STD-1913 accessory mounting rail
- Two interchangeable backstraps
- Two 17-round magazines or Two 10-round
- Owner’s manual
- Locking device
- FN logo soft pistol case